Course Date(s): July 16, 2018 - August 27, 2018 -
Course Code: GAD102
Duration (Days): 3 Days
Format: Classroom or ILO
This three-day instructor-led course introduces you to concepts and best practices for developing applications with Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos and hands-on labs, participants learn how to develop cloud-based applications using Google App Engine Standard Environment, Google Cloud Datastore, Google Cloud Endpoints, and Google Cloud Repositories
This class is intended for experienced application developers who want to learn how to migrate applications to the cloud or create native, cloud-based applications on Google Cloud App Engine.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience.
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments.
- Experience developing applications and APIs using a common programming language such as Java or Python
- Experience deploying and managing applications, either on- premises or in a public cloud environment
Module 1: Developing Solutions with Google Cloud Platform
- Benefits of Google Cloud Platform.
- Development tools and services for Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Cloud Platform solution architectures.
- Lab: Google Cloud Source Repositories.
Module 2: Google Cloud Endpoints
- Cloud Endpoints features.
- Developing APIs using Cloud Endpoints.
- Lab: Google Cloud Endpoints.
Module 3: App Engine Services
- Modular application design and App Engine services.
- Deploying services.
- Accessing App Engine services.
- Lab: Google App Engine Services.
Module 4: User Authentication and Credentials
- Authentication and authorization concepts.
- Securing access through application configuration.
- Authentication with the Users service.
- Authorization with API keys, OAuth, and application default credentials.
- Lab: User Authentication.
Module 5: Managing App Engine Applications
- Deploying and managing multiple application versions.
- Traffic splitting, incremental rollouts, and canary releases.
- Budgets and quotas.
- Stackdriver logging and application tracing.
- Lab: Managing Google App Engine Applications.
Module 6: Storage for Solution Developers
- Functionality and benefits of Cloud Platform storage options.
- Using Google Cloud Storage for immutable BLOB storage.
- Integrating Google Cloud SQL into App Engine Apps.
- Cloud Datastore fundamentals.
- Lab: Google Cloud Datastore.
Module 7: Queries and Indexes
- Implementing query filters with Cloud Datastore.
- Single-property and composite indexes.
- Configuring and optimizing indexes.
- Lab: Google Cloud Datastore Queries and Indexes.
Module 8: Entity Groups, Consistency, and Transactions
- Strong and eventual consistency in Cloud Datastore.
- Ensuring strongly consistent queries.
- Best practices for Cloud Datastore transactions.
- Lab: Google Cloud Datastore Transactions.
Module 9: App Engine Performance and Optimization
- Memcache use cases and implementation patterns.
- Manual, basic, and automatic scaling behavior.
- Configuring application scaling.
- Lab: Google App Engine Performance and Optimization.
Module 10: Task Queues
- Push and pull queue capabilities and configuration.
- Adding and consuming tasks with push and pull queues.
- Scheduling tasks with the Cron Service.
- Lab: Task Queue API.
- Lab: Deleting Google Cloud Platform Projects and Resources.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Build scalable and reliable applications using Google App Engine Standard Environment.
- Leverage Google Cloud Endpoints to implement, deploy, and manage API backends.
- Create microservice-based applications using App Engine services.
- Manage application security, versioning, deployment, and monitoring.
- Store application data, optimize query performance, and use transactions in Google Cloud Datastore.
- Provide improved performance and capacity with Memcache and instance scaling.