Course Date(s): June 27, 2018 - August 6, 2018 -
Course Code: GAD105
Duration (Days): 3 Days
Format: Classroom or ILO
This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems and applications services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
This class is intended for the following participants:
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most out of this course, participants should have:
- Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or have equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Role of the Cloud Architect.
Learn about Solution Domains as an approach to design.
- Lab: Console and Cloud Shell.
- Module 2: Virtual Networks
- Cloud Virtual Networks (CVN), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules.
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology.
- Lab: Virtual Networking.
- Module 3: Virtual Machines
- GCE, tags, VM options, vCPUs, disk options, images, and special features of persistent disks for VMs.
- Module 4: Cloud IAM
- Members, roles, organizations, account administration, service accounts.
- Lab: Cloud IAM.
- Module 5: Resource Management
- Billing, Quotas, Labels, Names, Cloud Resource Manager.
- Lab: Lab Billing.
- Module 6: Data Services
- Cloud Storage, Datastore, Bigtable, Cloud SQL.
- Lab: Cloud Storage.
- Lab: Cloud SQL.
- Module 7: Interconnecting Networks
- VPNs, Cloud Router, Cloud Interconnect, Direct Peering, Cloud DNS.
- Lab: VPN and Cloud Router.
- Module 8: Infrastructure Automation
- Infrastructure automation, custom images, startup and shutdown scripts and metadata,
- Deployment Manager, Cloud Launcher.
- Lab: Hadoop Cluster Maker.
- Lab: Virtual Machine.
- Module 9: Autoscaling
- Load Balancing, Instance Groups, Autoscaler.
- Lab: Autoscaling.
- Module 10: Resource Monitoring
- Stackdriver, Monitoring, Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging.
- Lab: Resource Monitoring (Stackdriver).
- Module 11: Containers
- Containers, Google Container Engine (GKE), and Container Registry.
- Module 12: Platform Security
- Learn about Google’s layered security strategy that uses a multi-faceted approach to provide platform security services and benefits.
- Module 13: Managed Services
- Dataproc, Dataflow, BigQuery, Datalab.
- Lab: BigQuery and Datalab.
- Module 14: Application Development Infrastructure
- App Engine, Cloud SDK, Dev Tools, Cloud Source Repos, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Endpoints and Apigee, Cloud Functions.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans.
- Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions.
- Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies.
- Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications.
- Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions.
- Develop knowledge of solution patterns — methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities.